Holly Lisle editing lessons 11 and 12

Sunday, September 1, 2013
For those not in the know, I've been chugging through holly lisle's 'how to revise your novel' course for a while. I recently finished lessons eleven and twelve, and am currently tackling lesson thirteen.

In lesson eleven I took a good look my scenes and considered whether I needed more or less of each plot line. I found it useful, and I hope I ended up with a more balanced outline because of it.

Lesson twelve focused on character which I've already done a great deal of thinking about during previous lessons. I've smooshed a few characters together, decided some heroes would serve me better as villians, and ended up with a more cohesive plot because of it.

So far I'm finding this course really interesting, and I hope I end up with a much better finished book by the time I finish it. I hoped to be on my rewrite (lesson 17) by now, but I'm a little behind. I'm focusing on making progress, and hopefully I'll be there soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment